Términos y condiciones
Effective Date: October 19, 2020
Information We Collect
We collect and store information from or about you when you directly provide it to us. This happens when you provide your name, email address, native language, organization name, job title, city, state / province, region, age, locations for internet access and devices used and other information through the Site. Additional information about what we collect is available in any supplemental privacy policies for particular activities. It is always your choice, or the choice of anyone acting for you, whether to provide personal information. However, some must be provided to participate in certain programs or activities, so the decision not to provide information might limit or eliminate certain functions of the Site or the ability to participate. Other information is up to your good judgment, e.g., do not provide personal information about yourself that could be misused by others in a chat room, bulletin board, blog or similar forum and do not provide personal information about others without their permission.
We may also receive information about you through from our service providers and business partners, including companies that assist with analytics, hosting, technical support and other services which we use to personalize your Site experience.
Policy Regarding Information You Provide About Others
Information We Collect That You Do Not Provide
The Site does not use “cookies”, “web beacons”, or any other tracking mechanisms to collect information that you do not provide.
What We Generally Do with Personal Information Collected
In general, we use personal information we collect to pursue our mission and operations and to engage in the activity (and related activities) for which we collect it. Specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- operate, maintain, and optimize the Site and your account;
- improve the quality and types of services that we deliver;
- diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Site;
- to provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- support the tracking and recovery of the Foundation’s products;
- contact you for feedback or conduct research about the Site;
- to provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- fulfill our obligations to you and to respond to any questions or requests;
- understand and analyze how you use our Site and what products and services are most relevant to you; and
Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to make all lawful, worldwide uses of personal information, including without limitation, to: collect, use, access (or bar access), process, fulfill, disclose, display, share, respond to legal process or otherwise exercise our rights under applicable law, transfer, store, verify, enforce, delete, and otherwise deal with personal information, and information other than personal information.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
We may share information about you with the following third parties:
- We share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide services associated with the Site, including to provide measurement and analytic services. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
- We may disclose your personal data to our business partners and affiliates with whom we have contracted to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you. For example, your personal information may be shared with business partners with whom we jointly offer products and services. We require our business partners and affiliates to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of the personal data they obtain on our behalf.
- We may share information with our corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- We may ask for your explicit consent to share certain information with third parties.
We may also share information about you in the following contexts:
- We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
Controlling Your Personal Data
- In order to process your personal data, we rely on your consent or our legitimate interests to process your data. You may withdraw your consent or object to the use of our personal data at any time, but you may no longer be able to access the Site.
- Please note that the Site may contain links to unaffiliated third-party sites. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
- You can adjust your privacy settings by contacting us. If you receive a marketing email from us, you can unsubscribe from such emails at any time by following the instructions provided within those emails.
Data Retention and Your Ability to Update Personal Information
To the extent our systems require your personal information, in general, they provide the ability for you to update and correct your information. If you have any questions about what personal information about you the Foundation retains, please contact us (see “Contact Information”). The Foundation endeavors to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If your personal information has changed, you may submit your new information there as well.
We keep personal information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law. We may discard personal information in our discretion, so you should retain your own records, and not rely upon our storage of any personal information or other data.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect information about you, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Consent to International Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Information
Consent to Electronic Notice If There is a Security Breach
If we or a Recipient is required to provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasion of certain security systems, you agree that we (or they) may do so when required (or voluntarily) by posting notice on our Site or sending notice to any email address we have for you, in our (or their) good faith discretion. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to others for whom you are acting, and agree to pass the notice on to them.
We do not want to collect information from children. Do not provide any personal information unless you are at least 16 years of age, and please caution your children not to provide any. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal data without parental consent, please contact us (see “Contact Information”). If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the applicable account.
If you believe you are a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, please contact us (see “Contact Information”) and we’ll explain what information we require in order to respond. After receiving that information, we’ll supply (without charge) information we then have that we are legally required to provide (subject to applicable law and reserving all rights and defenses).
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents that are users of our Site to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to us (see “Contact Information”).
We endeavor to be fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may act, depending on the circumstances, as either or both a Controller and a Processor of personal data (as these terms are defined in the GDPR). We act as the Controller of information that we ask you to provide to register your email address/create an account and information that we collect when you use the Site. We act as the Processor of user-generated content and information provided to us by third parties or other websites.
EEA users have the right to request access to personal data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct their personal data. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Site account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact us for additional access and assistance.